Average Vendor Rating
Easy Carrot Leek Soup
Thick and creamy healthy carrot leek soup, ready in 30 minutes flavourful and very delicious.
- 600g carrot peeled and washed
- 200g leek sliced and rinsed
- 1 small onion chopped about 1/2 cup
- 4 sundried tomatoes optional
- 600 ml chicken stock/water
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon chilli flakes or use according to preference
- Fresh thyme few springs substitute with 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons olive oil any type of oil would do too
- 1/2 tablespoon smoked paprika
Place a large pot on medium high heat, add the oil and heat for about a minute
Add sliced leek and onions to the oil and stir till it's translucent but not browned (this should only be for about 3 minutes)
Add sliced carrot to the above and continue to stir for another minute, add sun dried tomatoes, chilli flakes, paprika and thyme and stir to combine.
Add chicken broth/stock, stir to combine and cover with the lid and leave it to simmer for about 20 minutes or until carrot is soft and fork can go through easily.
Turn off the heat, use an immersion blender to puree the mixture or leave to cool and then puree in a blender.
Check for salt and seasoning and adjust accordingly. Serve the carrot leek soup with some more fresh thyme and hot-buttered dinner roll or any other crusty bread of choice. Enjoy x