Quick and easy Milk Tart RecipeKirstin Sham
Before this recipe, I had never tried making milk tart, I can say I am blown away at how easy it is! Especially this specific recipe, its actually too easy because I end up finding every excuse in the book to whip up a milk tart but the excuse of “it’s heritage day” is possibly the best.
I received this recipe from my niece who had to do a South African recipe for her Afrikaans project and man was it so tasty!
Try this classically South African dessert, you will be amazed at how easy and how good it tastes.
You will need:
1 x Packet Tennis biscuits
2.5 Cups milk
1 Tin of condensed milk
1 Tsp vanilla essence
Cinamon for garnish (I use a lot but it depends on how deep your love is for it)
1. Melt the butter
2. Crush the Tennis biscuits, add the melted butter and mix.
3. Press the biscuit mixture in to a greased pie dish and set aside
1. Place the milk and condensed milk in a saucepan on medium heat
2. In a separate bowl beat the eggs, vanilla essence and cornflour.
3. Add some of the hot milk mixture to the egg mixture, mix a bit and then add it all to the saucepan to thicken.
4. Once thickened allow to cool while stirring with a whisk until smooth.
5. Pour over the biscuit base, sprinkle generously with cinnamon.
6. Stick it in the fridge until it has cooled completely.